Ductless Mini-Split Repair in Raleigh, NC
Ductless mini-splits, also called ductless heat pumps, are a popular option for heating and cooling in modern homes. These systems are renowned for their simplicity, longevity, and durability, but like all HVAC equipment, they do sometimes require repair. When your ductless mini-split isn’t keeping you comfortable, count on the dedicated HVAC professionals at Raleigh Heating & Air to get it back in working order.
For ductless mini-split repair in Raleigh, count on the professionals at Raleigh Heating & Air. We offer 24/7 emergency ductless mini-split repair! Give us a call at (919) 635-8451 or contact us online today.
Common Ductless Mini-Split Repairs
A ductless heat pump can malfunction in most of the same ways any heat pump can malfunction, but there are a few special circumstances for ductless mini-splits:
- Water leaks behind the air handlers – Each of the wall-mounted air handlers has a series of connections routed through a hole behind it: a power line, a refrigerant line, and a condensate line. The last one removes water moisture from the cooling process so it doesn’t enter your home. These lines can leak, and if that occurs, water starts to develop between the back of the air handler and the wall. What will eventually happen is the weakening of the wall material will cause the air handler to rip away and fall off, damaging the wall and almost certainly breaking the air handler. If you notice signs of water damage around the air handler, call for repairs.
- Broken air handlers – This is actually something of a benefit when it comes to ductless mini-splits. If a single air handler breaks because of a failed motor or other problem, the rest of the air handlers throughout the house will continue to run. The only part of a home that loses cooling/heating is the one with the broken air handler. When one of the units stops working, call for repairs (and you can go hang out in a different room until the trouble is fixed).
- Leaking refrigerant lines – Loss of refrigerant is a routine repair need for any type of heat pump. But there is a higher chance of it occurring in a ductless system because there are more refrigerant lines running to the various air handlers. Keep a close watch for the warning signs of refrigerant loss, such as a drop in heating/cooling power from the system or coils icing over in the air handlers. Refrigerant loss must be repaired professionally as soon as possible since it threatens a complete system breakdown.
If you suspect that your ductless system may be experiencing any of the problems above, call Raleigh Heating & Air right away for ductless mini-split repair in Raleigh. We’re available 24/7, so call us at (919) 635-8451 or contact us online today.
Don’t Wait on Ductless Mini-Split Repair
The important thing to remember with your ductless mini-split (and with all HVAC systems) is that a problem will never go away on its own. Common issues like dirty filters, leaking refrigerant, and unpleasant odors can easily be identified and resolved by a trained professional. If untreated, these minor problems will result in reduced efficiency and performance, forcing your mini-split to work harder and putting stress on the system. Eventually, your ductless mini-split will wear out and break down, and you’ll be stuck paying for a major repair or a total replacement. The best way to prevent this is to contact Raleigh Heating & Air at the first sign of unusual activity. Give us a call if you notice any of these signs that your ductless mini-split needs repair:
- Unresponsive controls
- Declining performance
- Unusually high energy bills
- Ice on the outdoor unit
- Strange sounds
- Leaking fluids or puddles of water
If you’ve noticed any of these signs, don’t wait for the problem to get worse! Call Raleigh Heating & Air for ductless mini-split repair in Raleigh. You can reach us at (919) 635-8451 or contact us online today!
Why You Should Choose Raleigh Heating & Air for Ductless Mini-Split Repair
When you have a problem with your ductless mini-split, we’re here for you – 24/7. We pride ourselves on offering high-quality service at fair and reasonable prices while giving each client the personalized attention they deserve. Our highly trained HVAC technicians have extensive training on the unique needs of ductless systems and will resolve all issues with precision and skill. With over 20 years of providing HVAC solutions across the Triangle, our history of quality work and satisfied customers speaks for itself. We look forward to getting your ductless mini-split back to peak performance!
For quick & reliable ductless mini-split repair in Raleigh, call in the HVAC experts at Raleigh Heating & Air. We offer 24/7 emergency ductless mini-split repair! Give us a call at (919) 635-8451 or contact us online today.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do ductless mini-splits last?
With proper maintenance, you can expect most ductless mini-splits to last around 20 years.
Why is my ductless heat pump heating when it’s supposed to be cooling (or cooling when it’s supposed to be heating)?
This problem is most likely caused by a faulty reversing valve. The reversing valve switches the direction that the refrigerant flows, allowing your system to switch from one mode to the other. If this valve malfunctions, your ductless heat pump can get stuck in heating or cooling mode.
How can I prevent problems with my ductless mini-split?
The best way to prevent issues is to have regular maintenance performed by a professional HVAC company at least once a year. Apart from that, you can perform some basic maintenance yourself to reduce problems and keep your ductless system running smoothly. This includes changing or cleaning the filter regularly, maintaining 4-5 feet of clearance around the outdoor unit, and visually inspecting it for leaks on a regular basis.
Why Is My Ductless Heat Pump Heating When It’s Supposed to Be Cooling (Or Cooling When It’s Supposed To Be Heating)?
A faulty reversing valve most likely causes this problem. The reversing valve switches the direction that the refrigerant flows, allowing your system to switch from one mode to the other. If this valve malfunctions, your ductless heat pump can get stuck in heating or cooling mode.
How Can I Tell My Ductless Mini-Split Needs Repair?
You may notice signs like poor performance, unusually high energy bills, ice on the outdoor unit, strange sounds, leaking fluids, or unresponsive controls. If you’re ever unsure, call Raleigh Heating & Air to check your system.
Why Is My Ductless Mini-Split Dripping Water?
The most common reason for your ductless mini-split system to leak water is a clogged drain line somewhere. If water can’t reach its outside destination due to a clog, it will drip inside the house instead. Give Raleigh Heating & Air a call if you notice drips or leaks from your ductless mini-split.
Call (919) 635-8451 to schedule ductless mini-split repair in Raleigh today!