Summer is finally coming to an end. For some of us, that means a loathsome journey into chilly temperatures and the wait until next year warms up. For others, it means the enjoyment of holidays and falling leaves. Either way, you’re going to need a heater that’s in good condition when things really kick into gear.
Luckily, you’ve got plenty of time to get all your ducks in a row. Fall here in North Carolina can be mild and enjoyable, the perfect temperature zone for making those sensible adjustments before December rolls around. If you’re in need of heater repair in Raleigh, then be sure you call us for help as soon as you can.
Otherwise, keep reading as we give you our yearly advicefor how to best set your heater up for success this year.
Fall is the absolute perfect time for heater maintenance. As far as time goes, you’ve got plenty of it to check out the condition of your system and schedule any necessary repairs before its too late. And don’t forget that we’re more available since we’re not inundated with constant calls about failing heaters on a cold day, or failing air conditioners during a heat wave. When both of us have more time, things are relatively more inexpensive.
For the unconvinced, here’s what maintenance can do for you:
- Stave off repairs
- Increase efficiency
- Make minor adjustments to increase comfort
- Increased heater lifespan
The nice part about maintenance is that it’s just one service that completes many goals. Repairs need to be targeted and completed quickly, whereas a technician can take their time with a maintenance appointment and start a conversation with you about necessary repair needs or the condition of your system. Seriously, invest in this service if you want to make the most of your heater.
Get Ready for Winter
Fall awards us time, and time is the most important factor when getting ready for winter. It’s not just about keeping warm during the fall and winter, it’s also about doing it affordably. If you want to take that vacation next summer, then you’re going to want to try and cut costs now. Luckily, there are a few tricks that can help keep your heating bill low this year.
- Insulate your home. Keeping windows, doors, and other areas insulated can mean huge savings for your heating bill. You’ll even feel the increased warmth that’s able to stay inside your house. Combat drafts by insulating your home.
- Clear the heater’s air filter. Heaters also have air filters in them to catch dirt and dust before it gets into the system. Make sure you clear the air filter every 1-3 months so the system can work effectively and you don’t stifle its airflow.
- Stay vigilant. Have a talk with your family members about noticing signs that your heater is struggling. The earlier they can tell that something is wrong and call for help, the less expensive a repair will be.
Call Raleigh Heating & Air for quality heater maintenance this year.