Your ductwork is prone to wear and tear just like any other part of your HVAC system. Included in this wear-and-tear is the build-up of dirt and dust. The average household produces 40 pounds of dust a year; this doesn’t include the dirt and dust that make it into your system from the outside. The bottom line? Your ductwork can accumulate a great deal of buildup, and if it isn’t professionally cleaned every 3-5 years, you may start to see problems arise with your HVAC system. An air duct cleaning in Wake Forest can remove problematic dust and dirt buildup, and fall is the perfect time of year to schedule an appointment with your Raleigh Heating & Air technician.
What Happens During an Air Duct Cleaning Appointment?
Here is a general overview of what to expect during a routine cleaning of your air ducts:
- All access ports and doors opened
- System is thoroughly inspected, possibly with visual-aid tools
- All registers are sealed and furniture covered
- Professional-grade, HEPA vacuums are employed to vacuum ductwork
- Pneumatic tools and brushes are used to remove all clinging debris (brushes used will not cause damage to ductwork)
- 2nd inspection is conducted to ensure no areas were missed during cleaning
- System is closed
- Technician removes all equipment and vacuumed particles
What Are the Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning?
There are several important benefits of duct cleaning to consider:
- Improves indoor air quality – your air ducts deliver air directly into your living spaces; as such, any dirt and dust in your ductwork will also be delivered into your living space. Having your ductwork professionally cleaned significantly reduces the amount of contaminants blowing into your home, which helps improve your indoor air quality.
- Improves energy efficiency – large buildups in your ductwork can restrict airflow. When the airflow in your system decreases, it has to work harder to achieve your set temperature. If your system has to work harder, it uses more energy. By reducing the buildup in your system, you help your system to operate optimally.
- Extend life of equipment – a system that operates under strain for a long time due to clogged air ducts can age prematurely. Removing the excess dirt and dust helps restore the system to its normal operation, which can extend the life of your equipment.
Professional air duct cleaning service in Wake Forest can help you and your HVAC system. If it’s been more than 5 years since your last cleaning, call Raleigh Heating & Air today and schedule an appointment with one of our experts.