You rely on your heat pump to cool your home all summer long. Because your heat pump works throughout the year, getting regular heat pump maintenance in Raleigh, NC is critical to ensure successful operation. Here are a few of the things that you can do to make sure that your heat pump works well.
Remember that major maintenance duties and even minor repairs should be carried out by a heat pump expert. The following components should be inspected and cleaned:
- Air filters. This is one of the most important parts of your heat pump system. While it protects your system from dust, dirt and other foreign debris, it can become clogged and can actually prevent the passage of cool air into your home.
- Drain line. As with any drain, if it gets clogged, it prevents the passage of wastewater outside the system. This can lead to water leaks which might cause water damage in your home or on your property.
- Fan blades and fan enclosure area. To work effectively, your heat pump’s fans must rotate freely without restrictions. It’s surprising how much a layer of dust and other debris can inhibit the fan components.
- Outdoor condenser unit. Making sure nothing obstructs the outdoor condensing unit. This is where heat from inside your home gets exhausted to the outside. The effectiveness of the heat transfer process can be severely disrupted, if leaves, grass or dirt impede the airflow.
- Indoor coil. If your coil is dirty, it will not adequately cool the air as it moves through its cooling cycle, and will therefore have to work harder.
The best way to make sure your air conditioning system is ready for summer is to get routine heat pump maintenance in Raleigh, NC. Only by ensuring your heat pump and its components receive the best possible professional care, can you expect their consistent performance all summer long. At Raleigh Heating & Air, we are committed to the comfort of our customers. Call us today!