A few things that we are hearing with increased frequency:
“The company that installed our system last year is out of business”
“My normal service technician is not answering his phone”
“The neighbor’s brother’s best friend that fixed our system last week moved out of town”
The HVACR contractor’s weekly news magazine printed an article that stated an estimated 600,000 businesses start up each year and the majority of them go out of business within the first 5 years.
During uncertain times no one is immune but there are certainly a few things to look out for when you are choosing a Heating and Air service provider:
1) Are they licensed to do business in the state where you live?
2) Are they insured? For most of us, the home is our single largest investment and we want to make sure that if something goes wrong (reference picture above) that they are insured and can make the situation right.
3) Are the installers and service technicians properly trained and certified?
4) Check the history; how long have they been in business? Are they local owned? How many employees do they have?
5) Read the reviews. For those of us that read reviews often and for just about everything, we know that there will almost always be a bad review here and there but in most cases look for what the majority have to say.
Ultimately everyone should have a company that they can rely on to be there tomorrow and stand by their work when it’s completed. If you are in the Wake County area call Raleigh Heating and Air. We will be delighted to talk to you and answer any questions you may have while you are thoughtfully choosing the right company to service and install your heating and air systems.