Heaters don’t last forever. In fact, they can be a huge hassle when they get on in years, and they could be stopping you from achieving the warmth and comfort that you and your family desire in the wintertime. It’s not a fantasy, to be warm and cozy in pajamas during the holiday season, watching the snow while drinking hot cocoa, the only thing stopping that from being a reality is your faulty heater.
Not enough homeowners know about the unique benefits of a heater replacement. They usually think that heater replacements are only reserved for when your system breaks down, but that’s not entirely true. Clayton, NC heating services can actually save you money by performing a heater replacement—since an inefficient heater can often cause frequent problems and will cost considerable amounts of money to run.
Let’s talk about some major signs that its time to replace your furnace.
Signs of Heater Trouble
A heater that’s about to go isn’t always sputtering and falling apart like a car engine. Sometimes the clues can be subtle and easy to miss. Pay close attention to your heater for some of the following issues:
- Age. While it might feel good to have a furnace that could have graduated from college by now, even if it is still chugging along, it’s probably time for a replacement. Furnaces are only meant to last 15-20 years in the best conditions, so chances are you’re looking at some expensive problems in the coming few years.
- Heating Bills Rising. Have you noticed a drastic change in your heating bills going up the past few years? How about a subtle change? Either one is a bad sign, since heating bills should remain relatively consistent throughout the years. Compare your bills to your neighbors and to your previous heating bills and call us if you notice a change.
- Frequent Furnace Repairs. Are you constantly inconvenienced by having to call an HVAC technician multiple times a year? Are some of the repairs that need to be made breaking the bank? Don’t let these become normal. A furnace replacement could give you a few years of peaceful calm with not having to call a professional technician.
- Strange Noises. Banging, rattling, clanging, and other noises are not normal. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been hearing them, or if you think they’re normal, chances are there’s something wrong with your furnace that is causing such noises. Call a professional for a replacement if repairs just won’t do the job.
- Safety Concerns. Is your gas furnace’s flame yellow instead of blue? Do you constantly smell rotten eggs or have headaches when you get home from work? Gas furnaces deal with flammable gas and hazardous exhaust fumes that can be incredibly dangerous in a furnace that’s developed a leak or a burner problem. Constantly trying to repair a cracked heat exchanger could be putting your safety in jeopardy. Replace your unsafe heater today.
Like we said in the beginning, heaters don’t last forever. Trying to make them last longer than they should is recipe for disaster, and eventually a safety hazard if you’re not careful.
Contact our team at Raleigh Heating & Air if you’re looking to replace your heater.