It may seem like our world has turned upside down and making any kind of plans is an exercise in futility but there’s one thing we can all say with certainty… Summer is coming!
To help prepare, we’ve put together a list of 10 things you can do around the house to get ready for the hot summer months ahead:
- Inspect, clean, and repair screens on doors and windows.
- Tighten and lubricate door hinges.
- Check the caulking and weather stripping around doors and windows.
- Replace cracked or old garden hoses.
- Dust ceiling fan blades and set them to turn counterclockwise.
- Make sure sun-facing windows have proper coverage throughout the day to keep from introducing extra heat into your home.
- Remove logs and clean out the fireplace.
- Test the emergency systems in your home: smoke alarms, CO detectors & fire extinguishers.
- As always, check your air filters. If you can’t see light through them, it’s time to replace them.
- Schedule your AC tune-up.
Completing this list now will help you save some money on your utility bills and keep your home cool and comfortable this summer.
Did you know – we now offer a totally hassle-free heating and cooling system? That’s right! We will replace your old equipment with a new high efficiency system that will save you money on your utility bills. Additionally, we will handle all maintenance and repairs – so you don’t have to worry about a random bill surfacing at the most inconvenient time! Want to learn more – visit our Ease Comfort Progam page for more information!