Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
Who doesn’t love fall? Crisp cool weather, beautifully rich colors everywhere and the holidays on the horizon all work together to make us feel just a little more alive. While we are enjoying this fantastic time of the year, there are a few chores that should be done to prepare our homes for the winter months ahead.
- Drain & store garden hoses
- Check the caulk around your doors and windows
- Inspect external door and the garage door to make sure they close tightly
- Install weather stripping at thresholds where needed
- Check and clean gutters and downspouts
- Have chimneys and flues inspected and cleaned
- Clean and store patio furniture
- Check dryer exhaust and vent for build-up, lint or unwanted visitors
- Stock up on filters for the winter for maximum energy efficiency and indoor comfort
- Replace light window coverings with heavier ones
- Test smoke and CO monitors
- Inspect and clean your humidifier
- Schedule the professional maintenance inspection and cleaning on your heating system.